Llanrhidian Green, Gower,
Wales

National grid reference: SS 49759223

The 2 metre stone and the possible wheel cross were reset on the green in 1844 and 1821 respectively from an unspecified location. On first sight these two stones seem awkward and unbalanced and bear no obvious relationship with the immediate landscape.

         Like two lost souls waiting for rescue. What appears to be the remains of a christian wheel cross could in turn have been modelled from a Bronze age Maenhir. Before 1821 when it was re-erected here it was described as being used as the village pillory and whipping post.
Earth Tour

download Meini Hirion.kmz and Tour all stones.

 Llanrhidian

Gallery
Trianglas
Pipers of Boleigh
Googleearth
Merchandise